Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Is...

I was reading the NHSPCA newsletter online and saw some information about leaving a dog in a hot car. I wondered what the laws are in Utah so I went to the Google page and began typing "Is it illegal to leave a dog in a car in Utah?" My Google assist is on so it always guesses what you're typing as you type it. I just have to share with you what Google thought I would be asking after I typed in the word "is."

The first suggestion was "Is Santa real?" Could you imagine some little kid going on the Internet to find out if Father Christmas exists? Maybe they're too embarrassed to ask a real person. And speaking of the holiday, one of the other suggestions was "Is Walmart open on Christmas?" So do these questions pop up because so many people are typing them in? In that case there are a lot of people wondering "Is bronchitis contagious?" and the same thing about pneumonia. There are three things people would like to know about Obama: is he a US citizen? Is he a Muslim? And, here's an interesting one: "Is he the Antichrist?" Hmmm... People actually went online hoping to find factual evidence to answer this inquiry?

Isn't the Internet a wonderful thing? You can Google just about any subject. And FYI I didn't even find the answer to my original question! Does anyone know where I could get that kind of information?

3 comments:

Amy said...

That is hilarious! Oh and in reference to your Lily Allen post, only because you were talking about music...have you listened to the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs??? Amazing....

Amy said...

Oh my god! Type in "is my" - its super funny too!!! I like "is my child gifted"...and "is my license suspended"...haha!

Paula said...

This reminds of how funny Spellcheck can be at times...like whenever I type NHSPCA, it corrects it to be NASCAR. Haha, that's where I work- at NASCAR! And when I type Grampy, it changes to Grumpy. OK so maybe that one's not so far off.....