Saturday, April 18, 2009

Turn off your cell phone BEFORE the movie starts.

Let me tell you all what the mean man did to me at the movies last night...

One of the other managers, Carole, invited me to see State of Play with her and a couple of her friends after work last night. Never one to pass up a trip to the movies I obviously accepted and the whole night was really fun! We went out for wine and appetizers first at my favorite restaurant in Park City, Red Rock, which happens to be across the street from the theatre.

Now onto the mean man. The movie had started and I realized that I hadn't turned off my cell phone so I took it out of my bag to do so and the old man next to me grabs my phone while it is still in my hand and says "EXCUSE ME!" I told him that I was actually turning it off and he didn't say anything! No apology! Nothing! What a jerk! I guess he thought I was going to make a call? Start texting? I don't know what he was expecting but if he had just waited a second he would have seen that I was doing the courteous thing by shutting off my phone. Some people.

BTW the movie was pretty good, a little boring, but according to Jared I think all good movies are boring. In my opinion it's a rental, but what a great cast! I think Jason Bateman was my favorite part of the whole film!

Now let's play a game! I'm going to put some song lyrics here and you all have to guess the song! Have fun!

Life's about film stars and less about mothers,
It's all about fast cars and cussing each other,
But it doesn't matter 'cuz I'm packing plastic,
That's what makes my life so f#$@ing fantastic.
I am a weapon of massive consumption,
And it's not my fault, its how I'm programmed to function.

1 comment:

Paula said...

OK, so I don't know the lyrics to any of that rap crap so I won't even guess at the song...and besides you didn't even offer a prize!! Maybe if you had, I might take the time to cheat and google it.
As for the mean man, I think you should have used your phone to call the police and report an assault- by him on you! Seriously, did he actually touch you or your phone?! How rude!!!